4 Best Methods To Treat Tough Grout Stains
Only homeowners know the difficulty of cleaning grouts. No doubt cleaning those beautiful tiles is tricky but cleaning those lines between tiles is a totally different story. Grout is more susceptible to staining due to its porous composition and much lighter coloring.
So, no matter whether you have tiles in the kitchen, bathroom, or anywhere else, grouts are sure to blame. This article is all about grout stain removal. Read on to make your grout cleaning process a lot easier:
4 Methods For Grout Stain Removal
Whether those grout stains are mild or tough, the cleaning methods given below will clean them effectively and restore their color like never before.
Method #1 – Use Steam Cleaners
Steam cleaning is a natural and least time-consuming way to remove tough stains from grout. Steam cleaners are an ideal cleaning option for colored as well as old tiles. You can buy a good quality cleaner or rent one to execute your grout stain removal process.
Method #2 – Use Oxygenated Bleach
Homeowners who are not afraid of chemicals and can do anything to evict those unappealing grout stains can use this method. To use this method, mix 3 tbsp. of bleach with some water. Let this solution sit on the stain for 15 minutes and then wash your grouts with a synthetic brush.
Method #3 – Scrub With Baking Soda & Hydrogen Peroxide
This method requires both hydrogen peroxide and baking soda. Prepare a paste with 3/4 cup baking soda as well as 1/4 cup hydrogen peroxide. Apply it on the grout stains. Leave for some time and then scrub the area well with a soft brush. Now rinse with water and mop.
Method #4 – Use Baking Soda, Borax & Liquid Soap
Get rid of stubborn grout stains with the method. Mix 2-3 tbsp. borax, 1/2 cup baking soda, and 2 tbsp. liquid soap. Scrub and rinse for tile disinfection and cleaning. Make sure to use a nylon brush to scrub your tiles.
Professional Cleaning & Maintaining Tips
- You can use sealers on unglazed tiles to prevent them from staining. Learn about penetrating sealers and topical sealers before using them. It’s good to talk to a professional tile cleaning agency before experimenting with these items.
- Don’t use anything for glazed tile floors and walls.
- Do regular dusting and cleaning. Clean spills immediately.
- Do a sample test for colored grouts to ensure you are using the right tile & grout stain removal solution.
- Always use a soft brush (preferably synthetic). Pick a size that can clean those grout lines perfectly.
- Rinse only once and then let the grout dry.
Say Goodbye to Grout Stains By Hiring Deluxe Tile Cleaning
Now get ready to bid farewell to all types of grout stains by hiring Deluxe Tile Cleaning. We offer professional Tile and Grout Cleaning Services in Perth. No matter whether you have glazed tiles, colored grouts, marble tiles, or any other, our experts will remove those stains in no time. Our cleaning processes are not only effective but affordable too. So, call us today without any delay!