How To Tackle Tough Grout Stains
Only homeowners know the difficulty of cleaning grouts. No doubt cleaning those beautiful tiles is tricky but cleaning those lines between tiles is a total different story. Grout is more susceptible to staining due to its porous composition and much lighter coloring. So, no matter whether you have tiles in the kitchen, bathroom or anywhere else, grouts are sure to blame. This article is all about tackling stains on grouts. Read on to make your tile cleaning process a lot easier:
How to Tackle Tough Grout Stains
Whether those grout stains are mild or tough, the cleaning methods given below will clean the grouts effectively and restore their color like never before.
Method #1 – Employ Steam Cleaners –
Steam cleaning is a natural and least time-consuming way to remove tough stains from grout. Steam cleaners are an ideal cleaning option for colored as well as old tiles. You can buy a good quality cleaner or rent one to execute your tile stain removal process.
Method #2 – Use Oxygenated Bleach –
Homeowners who are not afraid of chemicals and can do anything to evict those unappealing grout stains can use this method. To use this method, mix 3 tbsp. of bleach with some water. Let this solution sit on the stain for 15 minutes and then wash your grouts with a synthetic brush.
Method #3 – Scrub With Baking Soda & Hydrogen Peroxide –
This method employs both hydrogen peroxide and baking soda. Prepare a paste with 3/4 cup baking soda as well as 1/4 cup hydrogen peroxide. Apply it on the grout stains. Leave for some time and then scrub the area well with a soft brush. Now rinse with water and mop.
Method #4 – Use Baking Soda, Borax & Liquid Soap –
Get rid of stubborn grout stains with the method. Mix 2-3 tbsp. borax, 1/2 cup baking soda, and 2 tbsp. liquid soap. Scrub and rinse for tile disinfection and cleaning. Make sure to use a nylon brush to scrub your tiles.
Professional Cleaning & Maintaining Tips
- You can use sealers on unglazed tiles to prevent them from staining. Learn about penetrating sealers and topical sealers before using them. It’s good to talk to a professional tile cleaning agency before experimenting with these items.
- Don’t use anything for glazed tile floors and walls.
- Do regular dusting and cleaning. Tackle spills immediately.
- Do a sample test for colored grouts to ensure you are using the right tile & grout stain removal solution.
- Always use a soft brush (preferably synthetic). Pick a size that can clean those grout lines perfectly.
- Rinse only once and then let the grout dry.
Say Goodbye to Grout Stains By Calling Deluxe Tile Cleaning
Now get ready to bid farewell to all types of grout stains by availing Deluxe Tile Cleaning, Tile Cleaning Melbourne. No matter whether you have glazed tiles, colored grouts, marble tiles, or any other, our experts will remove those stains in no time. Our cleaning processes are not only effective but affordable too. So, call us without any delay!