Different Types of Tiles and Their Cleaning Methods
There are a number of tiles types used in different areas of your home. From floors to walls, tiles are the common and popular choice for homeowners. Hardwood and carpets are rapidly being replaced by the tiled floors these days. Needless to say, clean and well-cared tiles play a big role in maintaining the look of your home, and also contributes to the healthy environment around. Even though it is not so difficult to maintain the clean look of your tiles, one thing you need to know is not the same commercial cleaner is suitable for different file types. We have brought you a guide on different file types and their cleaning methods. These ways can make your tile and grout cleaning procedure much simpler.
Guide to Different Types of Tiles and Grout Cleaning Procedures
Porcelain tiles are the popular choice for most home and business owners. Because they are easy to clean, stain resistant, durable, and require little attention. Plus, these tiles come in wide variety of colours and have the natural polished and glaze look.
- Sweeping must be a regular practise to keep the dust and loose debris away from groups.
- Wipe the tiles in the bathroom after a shower to keep the grout dry and clean.
- Wash your porcelain tiles with soapy water generally will do the trick.
- For the heavy stain removal from the sealed grouts, the heavy pressurised cleaning is required.
Marble tiles are known for the unbeatable and unmatched beauty. Various, non-repeated pattern on the tiles give them a stunning appearance. They come in a huge range of colours and varieties. But these tiles need much more attention and care than others. They are porous in nature, which makes them prone to the dirt, stains, and scratches. Any acidic substance like sauce, juices, and soda can leave a tough stain on the tiles that much difficult to clean. Homeowners should also give a special attention while buying cleaning products for marble tiles. Make sure the products are not containing any acidic content.
- In case of a spill on the marble tiles, be quick to clean the spill immediately.
- These tiles get spot easily, so make sure you dry clean the floors with a clean towel and mop.
Ceramic tiles are highly durable in nature. These tiles are highly resistant to stains, moisture, and dirt accumulation. Ceramic tiles come in two types- glazed and unglazed, however, glazed ceramic tiles are the most preferred ones, as they can be cleaned easily. Whereas, unglazed tiles are porous in nature and attract dust, dirt, and spills.
- For cleaning these tiles, sweep or vacuum the tiles regularly to remove loose dirt and grime from the floors.
- Afterwards, mop the floors with the mild detergents.
- Do not clean using the sponge as it can pressurize the dirty water into the grouts.
- If the tiles do not get cleaned as much as you want, use a non-abrasive all-purpose cleaner, for the thorough cleaning of tiles.
- In the end, clean it a soft and clean cloth.
Slate tiles are made up from the natural stone and give any space the earthy look. These tiles are mostly used in the fireplace. This tile can be used both indoor and outdoor flooring and they are affordable too. But these tiles are more prone to scratches.
- Clean your slate tiles with mild detergent and warm water regularly.
- Do not clean tiles using any acidic cleaning solution.
- Clean with a soft cloth immediately in case spills.
- Clean the tiles regularly to avoid the dirt build up and maintain the shiny look.
Hire Professionals for Tile Cleaning
Besides cleaning your tiles regularly, it is important to hire the professionals Tile Cleaner. They know the best ways to remove any kind of dirt, dust, and stains. With the help of the right tools and right cleaning solutions, the professionals make your tiled surfaces clean and new. Call Deluxe Tile Cleaning for the best tile and grout cleaning today. We offer our services across all the suburbs of Melbourne, Canberra, Adelaide, Sydney, Brisbane, and Perth. We are hands-on in all the possibilities of cleaning your tiles and make them look fresh, shiny and bright.